A triple crown winner at the recent 2nd annual Queen of the Desert lip-sync competition benefiting Desert AIDS Project, Jazmyn Simone-Echelon is clearly beloved, so we decided to find out why the rising star loves Palm Springs!
Following the recent competition, Desert AIDS Project reported, “At the end of the evening, the crowd had spoken with their wallets and named Jazymn Simone-Echelon as Fan Favorite. Apparently, the judges agreed because “Project Runway” contestant Raymundo Baltazar, Maude Chapeau and Dottie DuBois of Les Dames du Soleil fundraising fame, Steven Henke of The Desert Sun, and pageant producer/choreographer Steven Michael also granted her the Queen of the Desert title, as well as the evening’s “Fierce & Flawless Award.” And of course, she won the ultimate crown, Queen of the Desert!”
Born in Pomona and raised “pretty much” in the Inland Empire, Jazmyn is the alter ego of Johnny L. Buck, III.
Jazmyn/Johnny says “PS I love you because…”
- The amount of love I receive each and every time I come there is incredible
- You're my favorite city to work in or to just drive for a relaxing weekend alone or with friends.
- The night life is always poppin with all the bars around, directly across from decently-priced hotels and resorts.
- The day-life is even better with all the delicious restaurants and shopping opportunities.
- The people are always so nice and embrace the LGBT community with such kindness and support. Personally I feel the people who live here are happier than most people I know – they are so happy that you cant help but be transformed by it yourself.
Jazmyn says, “Forget what you think you know about Palm Springs and just come experience it for yourself!”
Well said, Jasmyn! I have to agree with the judges…you ARE Fierce & Flawless! All hail The Queen!
Want to be featured in the “PS I l love you because…” column?
To be considered, email me (Nicholas Snow, SnowbizNow@gmail.com) your top five answers (they can be short or long) to the statement, “PS I love you because…” and/or “PS I love you because I enjoy…”, along with two or three biographical paragraphs. Also, send some photos of things you love about the area including, ideally, you doing something you love in the area. Your submission does not guarantee publication. Thanks!