Officials at Palm Springs International Airport expect Thanksgiving passenger numbers to exceed pre-pandemic levels this year and encourage travelers to give themselves plenty of time to catch their flight. To help ease the stress of Thanksgiving travel, PSP is offering some travel tips to make your trip more enjoyable.
Before you arrive at to PSP:
- – Pack a mask: Per federal law, all travelers are required to wear a face mask in the terminal and on their flight. Passengers without a mask will be denied access beyond the security checkpoint.
- – TSA’s 3-1-1 Rule: As a temporary exemption from its “3-1-1” rule (no liquids in excess of 3.4 oz. in carry-on bags), TSA is allowing one oversized liquid hand sanitizer container, up to 12 ounces per passenger, in carry-on bags.
- – Download your airline’s app and check-in before leaving for PSP. If you are not checking luggage, this will allow you to skip the ticket counter. It can also lessen your time at the counter if you do need to check luggage.
- – Monitor the status of your flight before you head to PSP.
- – Check the drive time to PSP so you arrive in plenty of time.
- – Check flyPSP.com to view parking and food & beverage options.
- – Unsure about an item you’re packing? Visit TSA.gov to find out if you should carry it on, check it, or leave it at home.
With record-breaking passenger numbers over the past five months, and more flights from Palm Springs this Thanksgiving, airport officials expect the terminal to be busy with nearly all flights being full. PSP recommends arriving at least 90 minutes prior to your departure. This will ensure you have plenty of time to park, check luggage if needed, and pass through security. The busiest time of day will be between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM when more than 2,500 people are expected to pass through the security checkpoint. Wait times of up to 20 minutes are expected at the checkpoint.
Palm Springs International Airport will offer two parking options over Thanksgiving. The traditional parking lot in front of the terminal at $20 per day and a seasonal shuttle service Holiday Lot at $18 per day. The Airport’s Holiday Lot, located on Kirk Douglas Way, will be available only to travelers parking overnight and paying with a credit card. The Holiday Lot will be available for parking starting at 8:30AM on Tuesday, November 23 through the last departure that day, and at 4:30AM until the last departure on Wednesday, November 24 and Thanksgiving Day. Travelers departing on Friday, November 26 or later must park in the Airport’s primary parking lot located in front of the terminal. Shuttle service will also be available at 8:30AM until the last arrival each day starting Friday, November 26 through Wednesday, December 1, 2021.
Travelers wishing to use the Holiday Lot can simply follow Holiday Lot roadway signage once they are on PSP roadways.