Chad Hilligus. Photo by David A. Lee Photography.
As we learn in his official bio…
“Chad Hilligus moved to Palm Springs in July 2014 after two years on the road with multi-platinum, international recording group The Ten Tenors. He also starred as Tony in the 50th Anniversary World Tour of West Side Story and has performed on hundreds of stages throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. His performance as Tony with the NHK Symphony Orchestra was televised throughout Japan. As a Pierson Fellow with San Diego Opera, reimagined the title role in the new opera Rumpelstiltskin. His other operatic credits include roles with Lyric Opera of San Diego, Tulsa Opera, Sarasota Opera, Lyric Opera of Kansas City, Chelsea Opera, Nashville Opera and the Ash Lawn Opera Festival. He has made several national television appearances including Access Hollywood, The Better Show and Today on NBC with Kathie Lee and Hoda.
The Ten Tenors on The Today Show
After performing in over twenty different countries in the last six years, he decided to unpack his suitcase and make a home here in the desert. He recently conceived and wrote a solo cabaret show entitled Finding Home with musical director and local resident Christopher Marlowe. Finding Home premiered at Coachella Valley Repertory Theatre in July to overwhelming success.
Find Take Cover on iTunes
His full-length solo album entitled Take Cover is currently available on iTunes. Chad is currently the Event Sponsorship Manager at the McCallum Theatre where he now passes by his own signature on the backstage wall on the way to his office every day.”
Clearly both Chad and The McCallum Theatre have Star Power!
Chad says, “PS I love you because…”
- …of your GLAMOUR. Swimmin’ pools. Movie stars. There’s a uniquely glamorous vibe to Palm Springs that I find intoxicating. It’s an escape for the rich and famous, but for the lucky locals, it’s our everyday. You can’t throw a rock without hitting a fabulous pool party filled with fabulous people sipping fabulous cocktails.
- …of your HIKING TRAILS. I typically alternate my weekends between my two favorites boys, Garstin and Lykken, but there are so many others I can’t wait to explore. There’s no better way to see the valley, get a great workout and find solace in being completely alone with nature. Plus, you can totally see into people’s backyards.
- …of VILLAGE FEST. Thursday nights are magical in Palm Springs. I love getting out and sampling the local eateries, artisans, galleries and farm-fresh produce. I always top the night off with a date shake and I’m on a mission to find the best one in town.
- …of the MCCALLUM THEATRE. I’m not just saying this because I work there. The McCallum is why I decided to leave my life on the road and move here in the first place. We are so lucky to have a world-class performing arts venue that is consistently recognized on a national level right here in the valley. It’s a quintessential part of the Palm Springs social scene and nobody does entertainment better.
- …of the SUPPORTIVE COMMUNITY. I recently sold out three performances of my solo cabaret show at CVRep. That’s not because I’m a big deal. That’s because in the twelve months I’ve lived here, I’ve met so many incredible people who wanted nothing more than to come and show their support. This community has welcomed me with open arms and I’m so very grateful to live in a place I can finally call home.
Chad strikes a pose with his new desert friends at CVRep, including Jerry and Barbara Keller on the right.
Wow, Chad! So many of our mutual friends have been raving about you, and clearly, based upon the above, they all know what they're talking about! Thanks for being you, and I look forward to when our paths cross in person. For all you existing and new friends and fans, here's Chad's Facebook page! And of course, so you can hear him right now, his YouTube channel!
Want to be featured in the “PS I love you because…” column?
To be considered, email me (Nicholas Snow, SnowbizNow@gmail.com) your top five answers (they can be short or long) to the statement, “PS I love you because…” and/or “PS I love you because I enjoy…”, along with two or three biographical paragraphs. Also, send some photos of things you love about the area including, ideally, you doing something you love in the area. Your submission does not guarantee publication. Thanks!