Cinco de Mayo is rapidly approaching, and Agua Caliente Casinos has the festivities to help guests celebrate right! On Saturday, May 7th Agua Caliente Casino Cathedral City will host Luche Libre wrestling matches at the Agave Caliente Terraza in Cathedral City. Promoted by Masked Republic and this is their second performance with Agua Caliente Casinos.
May 7th line-up includes:
- Octagon: The original, true Lucha Libre icon who was a founding member of one of Mexico’s largest Lucha Libre promotion, Lucha Libre Triple A (Triple AAA) since its inception in 1992.
- Rey Horus: Rey Horus was part of the Ring of Honor promotion appearing on weekly syndicated television throughout the United States. He also appears on Mexican television when he appears for Mexico’s Triple A promotion. Rey Horus is a fan favorite on both sides of the border.
- Super Astro Jr.: The son of the legendary Super Astro, he is continuing in the footsteps that his father set before him. Super Astro Jr. trained at the prestigious Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre academy and worked for the promotion for several years before branching out into the independent scene.
- Misterioso Jr.: A southern California icon. Misterioso Jr. was bestowed the name by the original Misterioso, something that is a ritual in Luche Libre and only goes to those who have earned the name being given.
- La Baronesa: One of the few independent Luchadoras (female wrestlers) who is in high demand on both sides of the border, Baronesa combines a beautiful, sexy look with a rough and hard hitting in-ring style that very few can pull off.
Performances begin at 7 pm
Advance Purchase General Admission Tickets: $15 + get $5 Free Play at ACE Club with ticket stub
Day of Sales General Admission: $20 + get $5 Free Play at ACE Club
Full details for Agua Caliente Casinos’ Luche Libre performance can be found via their official website page here.
In addition to the Luche Libre performance, roaming Mariachi bands will be playing for guests at all three of the Agua Caliente Casinos locations all weekend, beginning Thursday, May 5th. The bands will play in the evenings and include Mariachi Rivera at Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa Rancho Mirage and Mariachi Del Toro at both Agua Caliente Casino Palm Springs and Agua Caliente Casino Cathedral City. Dancers will be a part of the Cathedral City mariachi performances as well for guests to enjoy.