Morning, brunch, or night, Palm Springs has options when it comes to basking in the glory of the art of drag. Toucans Tiki Lounge started it all 17 years ago. Conceived as a friendly, carefree, open space, Toucans has always been a place where you can let your hair down. On Sunday evenings, put your hair up for their legendary drag show Tommi Rose and the Playgirls. Also on Sunday nights: Ongina hosts Now Serving the Chilldren at Chill Bar, Hunters Nightclub features Risqué, a drag revue with Miss Rusty Waters, Foxie @Moxie is hosted by a rotating cast of queens, and The Judy Show at Michael Holmes’ Purple Room Supper Club keeps the spirit of Judy Garland alive and well every week.
Weekdays have no shortage of drag options these days with Latin Fever Drag Review on Mondays at Toucans and Ace Trivia with Bella da Ball at Ace Hotel and Swim Club. Tuesdays at Chill Bar it’s Mary-Go-Round with a different host and theme each week. Wednesdays at Hunters, they shine a Spotlight on local queens, and on Thursdays Retro Room has Drag Queen Karaoke while Jazmyn Simone hosts Neon Playhouse at Toucans. On Fridays, join Divas on the Dancefloor with Anita Treadmill at Trunks Bar in Cathedral City. Oscar’s Cafe & Bar does drag in dinner show style at Oscar’s Cabaret every Friday and Saturday night, while Diva and Friends perform Saturdays at Retro Room.
For Sunday Brunch options: Desert Divas Drag Brunch is offered by Rio Azul Mexican Bar & Grill, while Oscar’s has their own Bitchiest Brunch, and Ross Mathews presents Dragtastic Bubbly Brunch at Moxie. When it comes to Drag Bingo, you’ve got your choice of Bella’s Bingo at the Ace on Mondays, Saturday afternoons feature both Big Bitch Bingo at Retro Room or Drag Queen Bingo at Chill Bar, and on Wednesdays it’s Drag Me to Bingo at Hunters.
Where it all started 17 years ago.
- Latin Fever Drag Review with Jesus Coria, Monday nights
- Neon Playhouse with Jazymn Simone, Thursday nights
- Tommi Rose and the Playgirls Sunday nights
- Drag Me to Bingo with Miss Rusty Waters, Wednesdays from 6–8pm
- Risque Spotlight on local queens with Miss Rusty Waters, Wednesdays at 8:30 pm
- Palm Springs’ original drag brunch (Since 2015) can be found at Rio Azul: The Desert Divas is hosted by Palm Springs’ Queen of the Desert, Vanity Halston. Sells out regularly so they do two shows on Sundays: 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Fridays at 8pm, Divas on the Dancefloor with Anita Treadmill and her divas
- Oscar’s does drag in dinner show style on Fridays and Saturdays at Oscar’s Cabaret, a world-class celebrity female impersonation dinner-show with showroom seating, cocktail and dinner service from 6:30 pm, show at 8 pm.
- It’s a bitchfest at Oscar’s on Sunday with their Bitchiest Brunch, beginning at 11:00 am. Bottomless mimosas, endless attitude. Check calendar for special drag performances
- Drag Queen Karaoke with Jayla D. Foxx, Thursdays from 8:00 p.m.–2:00 a.m.
- Big Bitch Bingo with Diva’s hilarious version of drag queen bingo, Saturdays from 3:30–6:30 p.m.
- Diva and Friends Drag Show, Saturdays from 10:00–11:30 p.m.
- The Judy Show keeps the spirit of Judy Garland alive and well every Sunday at 7:00 with a mix of music and comedy with Michael Holmes’ inimitable parody.
- Mary-Go-Round Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m., featuring rotating hosts Vanity Halston, Rebecca Red, Diva, and Nicky Monet
- Drag Bingo Saturdays, 12:00–2:00 p.m. with Sabryna Williams
- Ongina hosts Now Serving the Chilldren, a rotating mash-up of RuPaul’s Drag Race superstars, and local favorites of Palm Springs with special guests from all over California, Sundays at 8:00 p.m.
- Blac Out with Kimora Blac, every second Sunday at 8:00 p.m.
- Ross Matthews presents Dragtastic Bubbly Brunch, hosted by Drag Race’s Morgan McMichaels, Sundays at noon.
- Foxie @Moxie, Sundays at 7:00 p.m, featuring rotating hosts: Morgan McMichaels, Delta Work, Mayhem Miller, and Ethylina Canne.
- On Mondays at King’s Highway and The Amigo Room at the Ace Hotel, Bella da Ball hosts both Fabulous Bingo at 7:00 p.m. and Ace Trivia at 9:00 p.m.
- The last Wednesday of every month from 7:00 p.m.–midnight, Playoffs rolls out the rainbow carpet with music, drink specials, and surprise guests.
- While not technically a drag show, San Francisco’s world famous restaurant, cabaret and nightclub has inspired over one million people from all over the world with great food and entertainment, and now they are bringing that AsiaSF magic to Palm Springs!