Morning, brunch, or night, Palm Springs has options when it comes to basking in the glory of the art of drag. Toucans Tiki Lounge started it all 17 years ago. Conceived as a friendly, carefree, open space, Toucans has always been a place where you can let your hair down. Or, on Sunday evenings, put your hair up for their legendary rotating drag shows: The Playhouse with Jazmyn Simone, May Day with Mayhem Miller, Tommi Rose and the Playgirls and McSundays with Morgan McMichaels. Also on Sunday nights: Ongina hosts Now Serving the Chilldren at Chill Bar, and at Hunters Nightclub: Risqué, a drag revue with Miss Rusty Waters.
On Fridays, join Divas on the Dancefloor with Anita Treadmill at Trunks Bar in Cathedral City. Oscar’s Cafe & Bar does drag in dinner show style at Oscar’s Cabaret every Friday and Saturday night, and The Judy Show at Michael Holmes’ Purple Room Supper Club keeps the spirit of Judy Garland alive and well every Sunday.
For Sunday Brunch options: Desert Divas Drag Brunch is offered by Rio Azul Mexican Bar & Grill, while Oscar’s has their own Bitchiest Brunch, and Ross Mathews presents Dragtastic Bubbly Brunch hosted by Drag Race’s Morgan McMichaels. When it comes to Drag Bingo, you’ve got your choice of Bella’s Bingo at the Ace on Mondays, Big Bitch Bingo on Saturday afternoons at The Retro Room, and Drag Me to Bingo at Hunters on Wednesdays. Ace Hotel and Swim Club also features Monday night trivia hosted by Palm Springs’ beloved Bella da Ball!
Toucans Tiki Lounge
Where it all started 17 years ago.
- The Playhouse with Jazymn Simone, Thursday nights
- May Day with Mayhem Miller on the first Sunday of every month
- Tommi Rose and the Playgirls every 2nd and 4th Sunday
- McSundays hosted by Morgan McMichaels, every 3rd Sunday
- Drag Me to Bingo with Miss Rusty Waters, Wednesdays from 6–8pm
- Risque Spotlight on local queens with Miss Rusty Waters, Wednesdays at 8:30 pm
Rio Azul Mexican Bar & Grill
Palm Springs’ original drag brunch (Since 2015) can be found at Rio Azul: The Desert Divas is hosted by Palm Springs’ Queen of the Desert, Vanity Halston. Sells out regularly so they do two shows on Sundays: 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Oscar’s does drag in dinner show style at Oscar’s Cabaret, a world-class celebrity female impersonation dinner-show with showroom seating, cocktail and dinner service from 6:30 pm, show at 8 pm.
- It’s a bitchfest at Oscar’s on Sunday with their Bitchiest Brunch, beginning at 11:00 am. Bottomless mimosas, endless attitude. Check calendar for special drag performances
- Drag Queen Karaoke with Jayla D. Foxx, Thursdays from 8:00 p.m.–2:00 a.m.
- Big Bitch Bingo with Diva’s hilarious version of drag queen bingo, Saturdays from 3:30–6:30 p.m.
- Diva and Friends Drag Show, Saturdays from 10:00–11:30 p.m.
Ongina hosts Now Serving the Chilldren, a rotating mash-up of RuPaul’s Drag Race superstars, and local favorites of Palm Springs with special guests from all over California, Sundays at 8:00 p.m.
Ross Matthews presents Dragtastic Bubbly Brunch, hosted by Drag Race’s Morgan McMichaels, Sundays at noon.