Script2Stage2Screen, which reopened on October 23 to a full house, will present its second performance of the season on Dec. 3 and 4, 2021 — “Crying on Trains,” by David Hanson of New Jersey.
Our next show is about living, loving and coping with life’s challenges,” said Steve Fisher, Script2Stage2Screen’s artistic director. “Two unlikely companions travel life’s tough, yet rewarding, journey together. We’re proud to have Chet Cole directing the play. He is an experienced actor and director, who also happens to be an award-winning teacher.
Fisher also said: “I want to send a special ‘thank you’ to all patrons who have responded to our COVID precautions without a complaint. We have done our best to create a safe environment for everyone and will continue to do so.”
Script2Stage2Screen is the performing arts project of the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Desert (UUCOD), 72425 Via Vail in Rancho Mirage. All staged readings take place at UUCOD at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10.
COVID PREVENTION POLICIES
Script2Stage2Screen is following the Church’s policies on preventing the spread of COVID. Script2Stage2Screen:
- Is requiring proof of full vaccination to attend its performances. All cast and crew will be fully vaccinated, and wear masks except when acting.
- Is asking patrons to register in advance and provide contact information, in order to perform contact tracing if needed.
- Is requiring attendees to wear masks.
- Is setting up seating to allow social distancing.
- Is requiring ticket purchases or RSVPs in advance (www.script2stage2screen.com).
- Is offering refreshments outdoors in front of the church; to be consumed outside.
The remainder of the group’s season:
“I’m Not Rick Springfield,” a comedy by Vicki Vodrey (Kansas), to be performed Friday and Saturday, Jan. 21 and 22, 2022.
“A Night in Puglia,” a drama by David M. Wolgin (Rancho Mirage), to be performed Friday and Saturday, February 25 and 26, 2022.
“Inez’s Birthday…and Then Some,” a comedy by Jason Hull (Palm Springs), to be performed Friday and Saturday, April 22 and 23, 2022.