Script2Stage2Screen, the theatrical group that produces staged readings of original works, has confirmed its 2023-24 season, which will open in October. The eight new plays to be performed are:
· Together by Thomas Pierce: Friday and Saturday, October 20 and 21, 2023.
· A Very Holly Moosemas by Jean Ciampi: Friday and Saturday November 17 and 18, 2023.
· Let it Rain by Ed Friedman: Friday and Saturday, January 26 and 27, 2024.
· The Most Distinguished Citizen of Ledbetter Gap by Jason Hull: Friday and Saturday, February 23 and 24, 2024.
· Life, Love, and the Pursuit by Shelley Chester: Friday and Saturday, March 22 and 23, 2024.
· Main Character by Brooklyn Rutledge: Friday and Saturday, April 19 and 20, 2024.
· Southlake by Mike Byham: Friday and Saturday, May 24 and 25, 2024.
· Engagement Rules by Rich Orloff: Friday and Saturday, June 21 and 22, 2024.
Script2Stage2Screen is the performing arts project of the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Desert (UUCOD), 72425 Via Vail in Rancho Mirage. All staged readings take place at UUCOD at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, available on the website, will be $15.00. (www.script2stage2screen.com)
“Welcome to our 15th season,” says Steve Fisher, S2S2S Artistic Director. “Our New Works committee has read more than 140 plays submitted to give you a diverse and exciting roster. We’ve got comedy and drama with a soupcon of sci-fi sprinkled in for good measure. We are thrilled to include an offering from a high school playwright in April. S2S2S continues to reach out to our community to provide quality theatrical experiences within our workshop format.
“Thank you all for your continued support. I look forward most to your reactions and opinions during the ‘talk-backs’ after each performance. I know the playwrights do. See you at the theatre. “
S2S2S received 29 Desert Star Award nominations from the Desert Theatre League for the eight productions mounted in the 2022-23 season. Desert Star Awards will be presented on October 1, 2023.
Script2Stage2Screen is an innovative performing arts organization for the development of original productions on the stage. Formed in 2010 by a small group of playwrights, S2S2S started as a vehicle to premiere original plays. Since then, it has developed into a diverse performing arts organization in the Coachella Valley with the mission of highlighting social justice, families, sexual equality, the dignity of humankind, and the joy and humor of life.