Script2Stage2Screen, the theatrical group that produces staged readings of original works, has confirmed its 2021-22 season, which will open in October. The new plays to be performed are:
- “Auntie,” a comedy by Marty Martin (El Paso, Texas), to be performed Friday and Saturday, Oct. 22 and 23, 2021.
- “Crying on Trains,” a drama by David Hanson (New York), to be performed Friday and Saturday, Dec. 3 and 4.
- “I’m Not Rick Springfield,” a comedy by Vicki Vodrey (Kansas), to be performed Friday and Saturday, Jan. 21 and 22, 2022.
- “A Night in Puglia,” a drama by David M. Wolgin (Los Angeles), to be performed Friday and Saturday, February 25 and 26, 2022.
- “Inez’s Birthday…and Then Some,” a comedy by Jason Hull (Palm Springs), to be performed Friday and Saturday, April 22 and 23, 2022.
“We have a terrific selection of plays for this season with three comedies and two dramas,” said Steve Fisher, Script2Stage2Screen’s new artistic director. “We are very pleased to present the three plays that were postponed in 2020 due to COVID: ‘I’m Not Rick Springfield,’ ‘A Night in Puglia,’ and ‘Auntie.’ We hope to see you there.”
Script2Stage2Screen is the performing arts project of the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Desert (UUCOD), 72425 Via Vail in Rancho Mirage. All staged readings take place at UUCOD at 7:30 p.m. Tickets will remain at $10.
COVID PREVENTION POLICIES
Script2Stage2Screen will follow the Church’s policies on preventing the spread of COVID. Also, Script2Stage2Screen:
- Will require proof of full vaccination to attend its performances. All cast and crew will be fully vaccinated, and wear masks except when acting.
- Will ask patrons to register in advance and provide contact information, in order to perform contact tracing if needed.
- Will require attendees to wear masks.
- May set up seating to allow social distancing.
- Will require ticket purchases or RSVPs in advance (www.script2stage2screen.com).
- Will offer refreshments outdoors in front of the church; to be consumed outside.
Script2Stage2Screen is an innovative performing arts organization for the development of original productions on the stage. Formed in 2010 by a small group of playwrights, S2S2S started as a vehicle to premiere original plays. Since then, it has developed into a diverse performing arts organization in the Coachella Valley with the mission of highlighting social justice, families, sexual equality, the dignity of humankind, and the joy and humor of life. www.script2stage2screen.com