The sixth annual Palm Springs Modernism Show & Sale – Fall Edition, held during Modernism Week’s Fall Preview, opens Friday October 18 and will feature many dealers new to the show or new to Fall Preview. The Show & Sale will showcase 40 premier national and international decorative and fine arts dealers. This popular event, which runs October 18 – 20, will be held at the Palm Springs Convention Center, located at 277 North Avenida Caballeros in Palm Springs, California, and is a more intimate version of the annual Palm Springs Modernism Show & Sale held in February.
New dealers to the Modernism Show & Sale include:
- Baccarat of Palm Desert: Contemporary crystal pieces amidst mid-century modern furnishings
- Blue Ocean Art of Poway CA: Contemporary paintings, photography and sculpture capturing underwater scenes
- Carol Ashton Interiors of Palm Springs: Designer vignette
- Dis Rupt Mod Ern of San Francisco: Contemporary designer jewelry
- Soda Pop of Phoenix, AZ: Midcentury furniture and decorative arts
Dealers new to Fall Edition include:
- Amara Rugs of Torrance, CA: Beautiful vintage and contemporary rugs and textiles
- Louis and Company of Los Angeles: Vintage men’s watches and accessories
- The Sundance Group of Los Angeles: antique and vintage jewelry
- Travelogues Fine Art Consulting of Placitas NM & Los Angeles: contemporary
paintings and fine arts Returning featured exhibitors including:
- Archive 20th Century of Costa Mesa, CA: Rare and important mid-century modern furniture and decorative accessories
- Bridges Over Time at the Palm Springs Art & Design Gallery: \A broad range of fantastic vintage mid-century designer furniture and fine arts
- Danish Modern Noho of Burbank, CA: Gorgeous mid-century modern furniture and décor
- Rick Petteford of Sebastopol, CA: Paintings, pottery, ceramics, glass and other fine art representing all 20th century design periods
- Route 66 West of Palm Springs: Impressive collection of vintage 20th century fine and costume jewelry as well as Bakelite jewelry
- Red Modern Furniture from Phoenix AZ: vintage designer furniture, sculpture and art
Hennessey + Ingalls, the largest art, architecture and design bookstore in the western United States, returns as the Show’s official bookseller. Founded in 1963 as an outlet for rare and out-of-print architecture books, the family-owned company’s in-depth selections of books in art and art history, all phases of architecture, photography, interior design, graphic design and landscaping has made it a valued member of the vibrant art, architecture and design communities in Southern California and beyond.
A festive Opening Night Party and Early Buying Preview Reception benefiting Modernism Week will be held Friday evening, October 18 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and offers attendees a cocktail reception, live music and an exclusive sneak peek (and the chance to be the first to shop) at the Modernism Show & Sale before it opens to the general public. Tickets for the Friday night early buying preview reception are $65 in advance at modernismweek.com or $75 at the door (all tickets include return entry to the show all weekend).
The Palm Springs Modernism Show & Sale – Fall Edition showcases important 20th and 21st century objects, furniture, art and design. It is produced by Dolphin Promotions, whose shows are among the leading venues for antiques and 20th century decorative and fine arts in North America. Following the Opening Night Party and Early Buying Preview Reception, the show continues on Saturday and Sunday. Weekend show hours are Saturday from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Tickets are $15, include return entry all weekend, and may be purchased at the door.
Show & Sale sponsors include BIDSQUARE, Freightforwarding.com and media sponsors Atomic Ranch, California Home+Design, California Homes, Modern, Palm Springs Life, and Santa Fean Magazine.
For more information and a list of exhibitors, please visit www.fall.palmspringsmodernism.com/.