Palm Springs Art Museum has announced the schedule for its celebrated Mixed Feelings series of back-to-back lectures on unrelated topics (that are somehow connected). Two speakers talk about their respective areas of expertise and the audience gets to make the connections during a Q&A. The lectures will be held on select Thursday evenings starting in October and going through January.
The series was started as “Mixed Taste” by Palm Springs Art Museum’s current CEO Adam Lerner when he was at the helm of the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver. He introduced Mixed Feelings to the Coachella Valley in 2022.
All Mixed Feelings lectures will be held in the museum’s Annenberg Theater.
- 10/26/23 Vegan Meat and The Representation of Zombies
- 11/09/23 The History of Broadway Musicals and Deep-Sea Diving
- 11/30/23 Professional Mermaiding and Steve Chase Designs
- 12/07/23 Exoplanets and Contemporary Native Art
- 12/21/23 Susan Sontag and The Salton Sea
- 01/04/23 Boxing Culture and Queer Photography
- 01/18/23 Bad Bunny and The Light and Space Movement
Admission is $16 for the general public with discounts available on ticket packages; museum members receive a 20% discount.
Event: Mixed Feelings lecture series
Where: Palm Springs Art Museum (101 Museum Dr., Palm Springs, CA 92262)
When: Select Thursdays from October 2023 through January 2024
Cost: $16 for general public; museum members receive 20% discount
More information here.