This is a repeating eventjuly 20, 2021 7:00 pm
The Center presents B.A.M. Salon (Book and Movie Salon) for women hosted by Flynn Sylvest and Irma O’Dell. We are excited to kick off LGBTQ+ BAM Salon. Our Book and
- The Center presents B.A.M. Salon (Book and Movie Salon) for women hosted by Flynn Sylvest and Irma O’Dell.
- We are excited to kick off LGBTQ+ BAM Salon. Our Book and Movie Salon
- (BAM Salon) looks to develop and deepen LGBTQ+ community and connection through stimulating and informative conversations about books and movies that highlight women authors and women's stories and experiences.
- "Salon" references a centuries rich history of social gatherings from around the world most often run by women. Creative minds come together for the art of conversation, learning and social pleasure. Gertrude Stein and Zora Neale Hurston ran noteworthy salons in the U.S. in the 1920's which were famous for bringing together innovative thinkers and artists. We hope you join us for a taste of vintage mutual education, enrichment and social fun!
- The B.A.M. Salons will take place virtually on the third Tuesdays of the month. The first Salon will take place on Tuesday, June the 15th, 7:00-8:30pm.
- We plan to alternate monthly between books and movies.
- June And playing the role of herself by K.E. LaneBook description - Actress Caidence Harris is living her dreams after landing a leading role among the star-studded, veteran cast of 9th Precinct, a hot new police drama shot on location in glitzy LA. Her sometimes-costar Robyn Ward is magnetic, glamorous, and devastatingly beautiful, the quintessential A-List celebrity on the fast-track to super-stardom. When the two meet on the set of 9th Precinct, Caid is instantly infatuated but settles for friendship, positive that Robyn is both unavailable and uninterested. Soon Caid sees that all is not as it appears, but can she take a chance and risk her heart when the outcome is so uncertain?
- July Saving face 2004 directed by Alice Wu
- August A thin bright line by Lucy Jane Bledsoe
- September Mulholland drive 2001 directed by David Lynch
- October Red at the bone by Jacqueline Woodson
- November Bound 1996 directed by Lana and Lilly Wachowski
- Registration Required
(Tuesday) 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Palm Springs 92263