The Palm Springs Public Library has added six (6) new online learning tools now available on the Library’s website. They were given to the Library for free for one year courtesy of the California State Library as part of the American Rescue Plan Act.
• Coursera • Provides access to more than 5,000 courses and certifications that include: English for Business and Entrepreneurship (ESL), Become an EMT, Bookkeeping Basics, Introduction to Google Docs, Design a Restaurant Menu (using HTML and CSS on VScode or Google Sites), Food and Beverage Management, Branding and more.
• GetSetUp • A social learning platform for individuals 50+, taught by peers. The classes are live and consist of digital learning, physical health, mental health, social health, and vocational health and more.
• LearningExpress • Cont
ains nearly 1,000 online tutorials, practice tests, and eBooks for all ages. Features: job searches, workplace skills improvement, skill-building in reading, writing, math, and basic science, career certification and license exam prep, college and grad school entrance test prep, GED® test prep, and more.
• LinkedIn Learning • An online educational platform that helps you discover and develop business, technology-related, creative and in demand job skills through access to over 16,000 expert-led course videos focused on personal and professional development. • Northstar Digital Literacy • Covers the basic skills needed to use a computer and the internet in daily life, employment, and higher education.
These resources are in addition to the many others available FREE with a Library card including HelpNow Homework Tutoring, JobNow and VetNow, M
ango Language Learning and more!
All resources are available on the Library’s website at www.pslibrary.org.
- Mondays 10 am–6 pm
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays 10 am–8 pm
- Thursdays 10 am–6 pm
- Fridays & Saturdays 10 am–5 pm
- Sunday: CLOSED