Event Categories Politics, Gov
Architecture & Modernism
Bars & Nightlife
Books & Literature
Charities & Galas
Concerts & Shows
Conferences & Expos
Dine & Sip
Dining Out For Life
Film Festivals & Movies
Fitness & Wellness
Fun & Games
Gallery Openings & Events
Gay Resort Events
Kids & Family
Markets & Fairs
Networking & Mixers
Religion & Spirituaility
Wine Tasting/Liquor Tasting
Yoga & Meditation
21sep5:45 pm7:00 pmDesert Stonewall Democrats September Virtual Membership Meeting5:45 pm - 7:00 pm Your Computer, Palm Springs 92263Event Categories:Educational,LGBT,Politics, GovClick Here to Register
Desert Stonewall Democrats September Virtual Membership Meeting presents AB 1400. AB 1400, the California Guaranteed Health Care for All Act, would create the California Guaranteed
Desert Stonewall Democrats September Virtual Membership Meeting presents AB 1400.
AB 1400, the California Guaranteed Health Care for All Act, would create the California Guaranteed Health Care for All program, or CalCare, to provide comprehensive universal single-payer health care coverage and a health care cost control system for the benefit of all residents of the state. The bill, among other things, would provide that CalCare cover a wide range of medical benefits and other services and would incorporate the health care benefits and standards of other existing federal and state provisions, including the federal Children’s Health Insurance Program, Medi-Cal, ancillary health care or social services covered by regional centers for persons with developmental disabilities, Knox-Keene, and the federal Medicare program.
The bill, introduced in February 2021 (Fact Sheet), was withdrawn in April but is expected to be brought back to the legislature early in 2022.
Our speakers, including Jeanna Harris RN (Healthcare for All, Los Angeles), will address the potential for moving forward, different financing options, and the importance of continuing to push for a single payer solution.
Also on the agenda - the Frank Bogert statue in front of Palm Springs City Hall is the subject of some controversy. Desert Stonewall Democrats is on record as supporting removal of the statue because of Bogert's homophobia and misogyny and his racism on display with the Section 14 debacle, but a newly formed group is fiercely opposed. We will have an update on the situation from removal proponents.
Please Note: Our Zoom meetings are recorded to allow those who cannot attend to view them on our private YouTube channel. If you do NOT wish to be identified in the recording, please turn off your camera and use first name only when you log on.
A small donation for the meeting from those who choose to, will help to keep DSD financially stable and in a better position to support our candidates. Even better, if you are not already a member or need to renew, please join us with a membership contribution instead.
If you have any questions or comments about the meeting you can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 260-8104 (Voicemail).
(Tuesday) 5:45 pm - 7:00 pm
Palm Springs 92263
GET TICKETSClick Here to Register
FACEBOOK EVENT LINK
22sep6:00 pm7:00 pm3rd Wednesday Speaker Series: Stephanie Battaglino, author and trans activist6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Mizell CenterEvent Categories:Books & Literature,LGBT,Politics, Gov,Transgender EventsRegister Here
Stephanie Battaglino’s mission in life is to educate, inform and inspire. Her book, Reflections From Both Sides of the Glass Ceiling: Finding My True Self In Corporate America shares
- Stephanie Battaglino’s mission in life is to educate, inform and inspire. Her book, Reflections From Both Sides of the Glass Ceiling: Finding My True Self In Corporate America shares her journey to authenticity as a woman and the realities of male privilege in corporate experience. Reflections From Both Sides offers a rare look at how one individual navigated work life from two gender perspectives and transcended the Glass Ceiling. It’s a powerful trailblazing story of inspiration, self-discover, and triumph – for EVERYONE.
- Battaglino is a nationally sought-after keynote speaker, diversity trainer and author who has worked with Fortune 500 companies, municipalities and serves on numerous boards; LGBT Community Center of New York, PFLAG National and Transgender Legal Defense Fund.
- Winston Geiseke, Philanthropy and Special Sections Editor of the Desert Sun, will moderate the discussion following a special introduction by Palm Springs Mayor-Pro Tem Lisa Middleton.
- Co-Sponsored by the LGBTQ Center of Palm Springs, The TransPower Project, OutBook/OutLoud.and the Palm Springs Public Library.
- Registration Required
(Wednesday) 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
GET TICKETSRegister Here
12nov6:00 pm10:00 pmPalm Springs Equality Awards: Cocktail Reception and Awards6:00 pm - 10:00 pm Palm Springs Air Museum 745 N Gene Autry Trail 92262Event Categories:Fundraiser,LGBT,Politics, GovOrder your ticket/s here
Join Chairs Lisa Middleton, Herb Schultz and Jackie Thomas for the Palm Springs Equality Awards: Cocktail Reception and Awards. This year Chad Mayes will receive the Ally Leadership Award
- Join Chairs Lisa Middleton, Herb Schultz and Jackie Thomas for the Palm Springs Equality Awards: Cocktail Reception and Awards.
- This year Chad Mayes will receive the Ally Leadership Award and Hon. Shirley Weber will receive the Equality Trailblazer Award
- As the Golden State reopens, our entire Equality California family is excited to gather once again as a community, celebrate our victories and raise critical resources for the fight ahead.
- Please note: To ensure the safety of our staff and guests, all guests and staff in attendance at the event must be vaccinated for COVID-19. Additional details will be provided closer to each event; but guests should be prepared to show proof of vaccination before entry. Additionally, Equality California will work with our venues and vendors to follow all state and local COVID-19 guidelines to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. Benefits at all levels may change if/as event guidelines change (i.e capacity caps or vaccination requirements). Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
(Friday) 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Palm Springs Air Museum 745 N Gene Autry Trail 92262