Prestigious PRIDE HONORS AWARDS Set for Sept 28
- Lifetime Achievement Awards will be presented to Marshall Pearcy and Douglas Woodmansee, who have raised over $2 million for charity since their stage debut 37 years ago as Dottie Du Bois and Maude Chapeau.
- Also recognized will be community organizer, an advocate for LGBTQ individuals and families, and an eighteen-year member of the PFLAG Palm Springs/Desert Communities chapter since 1999, Christine Hammond.
- Well in the Desert, a twenty-year grass roots organization that cares for thousands of people annually whose extraordinary efforts help educate the public and humanize the face of the homeless in Palm Springs, is recognized as Advocate of the Year.
- With over forty years of service advancing the LGBT movement and special recognition for her commitment to raise the visibility of the lesbian community, Louise Minnick is honored as the Volunteer of the Year.
- The Transgender Community Coalition, the largest transgender organization in the Inland Empire serving the needs of the local transgender community, is celebrated as the Organization of the Year.
- Desert Storm Veteran and community leader Kerry Hendrix is presented with the Spirit of Pride Award for advancing equality, promoting diversity and celebrating the strength and talent of the LGBT community.
- The 2017 Friend of Pride is a business and community leader who has stalwartly supported the LGBT community Carolyn Caldwell.
- The Spirit of Stonewall Community Service Award recognizes retired professor of nursing, DeAnn Young, whose life has been guided by the belief that one should give to others and the community.
The Untold Tales of Armistead Maupin Delights Cinema Diverse Opening Night Audience, with Mr. Maupin himself in Attendance
“Vanya and Sonia & Masha + Spike” at the Desert Rose Playhouse
Vanya and Sonia live in their family’s home in Bucks County, PA. Their “Movie Star” sister Masha arrives with her new boy-toy Spike to tell them she is selling the family manse and moving on with life. Add a “Snow White and the 7 Dwarves” costume party and a voodoo-spell-casting housekeeper and it’s Christopher Durang at his best! Tony Winner for Best Play 2013! More Info
Step on Up for the Desert AIDS Walk
Desert AIDS Walk 2017 is Saturday, October 21st. Join our "Community in Action" by committing to walk and registering at this link.
Explain organizers, "We have a big goal this year to increase our HIV testing and expand the comprehensive, compassionate care we provide for nearly 4,200 people every day. You can get us to a new reality of zero new HIV infections. You can make it all happen, and it starts with the Desert AIDS Walk."
It takes 60 seconds to start igniting this change. Register now to be an integral part of a new chapter. The funds you raise will directly transform the health of our neighbors for the better. Thank you for supporting Desert AIDS Project!
A Second RANDY RAINBOW LIVE Show added to the Outlandish Comedy Series!
Just added, a 2nd Randy Rainbow Live performance November 19 at 8 PM, including in Series passes.
Outlandish Palm Springs is a performance series produced by Logo Founder Matt Farber. You'll never guess who's on the bill! GayDesertGuide is a media partner.
Sordid Lives creator Del Shores new one-man show directed by Emerson Collins proves once again that he is not a writer, he’s a self-proclaimed thief! In Six Characters In Search Of A Play, Shores is inspired by Pirandello’s classic play to bring you six characters inspired by his real-life encounters that haven’t quite made it into one of Shores’ plays, films or TV shows. In 90 minutes, the audience will hear the truth behind how he collected these eccentrics, then he will portray them in classic Shores’ monologue style.
Miss Richfield 1981 returns to Palm Springs with her brand new show, “2020 Vision—A Survival Guide For The New World”, an official Palm Springs Pride event. The show features Miss Richfield 1981’s unique take on audience participation along with new songs, new videos, and most importantly, a new message for our new world! During these strange times, Miss R wants to provide a message of hope—or at least survival!
Miss Coco Peru has been a little tense lately and one of the things that Coco likes to do when she is tense is invite friends over to her place for tea (and/or cocktails) and a good old-fashioned bullshitting session. Coco is now inviting you to her "place" for some of her favorite stories, songs, and a good dose of bullshitting with the hope that together the tension will melt away! And for the first time ever Coco will be taking questions from her audience! So, think of good ones to ask!!!
Randy Rainbow (yes, real name) is a comedian, actor, writer, host and Internet sensation best known for his viral comedy videos. His popular series of political spoofs and musical parodies have garnered international acclaim and hundreds of millions of views. Dan Savage called him “the best thing to come from the GOP race” and his musical tribute to the first presidential debate of 2016 (“BRAGGADOCIOUS!”) received 28 million views in its first two days.
Doors open at 7 PM for all performances at 8 PM, and a percentage of the proceeds will be donated to SAGE USA and SAGE of the Desert, a program of the LGBT Center. Buy a series pass and save money! More Info