“While several synagogues across the United States carry the name Temple Isaiah, the one in Palm Springs stands out as an architectural marvel unlike any other in existence.

The structure located on West Alejo Road was designed in 1947 by E. Stewart Williams as the modernist Al Liberman Chapel before it was expanded with a brutalist west-facing addition conceived in 1971 by Donald Wexler and updated in 1982 by David Christian to meet the needs of the growing congregation.

At the groundbreaking ceremony, the first shovels driven into the earth were held by Rabbi Edgar F. Magnin of Wilshire Boulevard Temple in Los Angeles and Palm Springs Mayor Charles Farrell, a popular silent film actor…”

[Read the full article at palmspringslife.com]