Ladies (and men who can stand all the estrogen!) can participate in the full weekend of activities, or choose one day to play it Sweet or Sassy.
The festivities kick off Friday night celebrating the SWEET side of life. Buy a SWEET wristband to enjoy two Happy Hour drinks poolside or in the Pinzimini bar, and a wine blending experience on Friday evening. Saturday starts with a morning breast cancer survivor Walk for the Cure followed by a yoga class and brunch with sparkling rosé. In the afternoon you’ll shake your booty in your choice of two dance classes including Belly Dancing, Zumba, line dancing and even pole dancing! Guests can meet reps from Desert Cancer Foundation and browse the expo of vendors who support the cause.
If SASSY is more your speed you’ll enjoy the same dance class extravaganza on Saturday afternoon and all the amenities of the SWEET package, but instead of a SWEET wine blending experience, Saturday night’s entertainment will be a Drag Show and Dance Party hosted by Bella de Ball, with complimentary appetizers and a cash bar featuring pink drinks.
SWEET and SASSY wristbands are $139/each or $119 if purchased before Sept. 30, 2017. If you can’t decide, don’t! Attend the entire weekend for $199. 10% of each purchased wristband benefits Desert Cancer Foundation. Single admission tickets to the wine blending dinner and the drag show are available for $39, but do not include the donation to charity. The hotel is offering several special room packages during the Pink October weekend.
Throughout October the Westin Mission Hills will be supporting Desert Cancer Foundation with donation boxes around the property. Those that donate get pink ribbon pins or a bracelet. There are also many other activities all month long that give a percentage of revenue to the Foundation including:
- A special Pink Spa Soiree on Oct. 5 from 5-8 p.m. featuring mini spa services, a wine bar, appetizers, vendor demos, a raffle and more. 10% of the $75 admission fee benefits the charity. Additionally, the spa will offer Pamper Yourself Pink Spa Treatments throughout the month with 10% going to Desert Cancer Foundation.
- Paint El Paseo Pink: Join the Westin’s team as we walk in this 5K on Oct. 14th to benefit Desert Cancer Foundation. The $25 registration fee scores you a T-shirt, and all funds go directly to the charity.
- Tie Dye for the Cause: Create your own tie-dye shirt with $3 benefitting charity.
- Food and Beverage Specials: Try a special pink Cosmopolitan, Mumm Brut Rosé or Paloma Margarita and $1 will benefit the Foundation. In Pinzimini, diners who order the Crisp Skuna Bay Salmon entrée or Berries & Cream Mousse will also see $1 of the purchase benefit Desert Cancer Foundation.
During October the property will be awash in Pink celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Month with:
- Pink flags on holes #9 and #18 of the golf courses
- A 25% discount on apparel, racquet and ball machine rentals for players wearing pink. Pink tennis balls in all lessons throughout the month
Pink pool floats and staff sporting pink tie-dye shirts and pink sunglasses poolside.