Palm Springs Parks and Recreation is pleased to announce a series of free, fun, and patriotic festivities over Fourth of July weekend that will celebrate Independence Day
at city parks and at the Palm Springs Swim Center, culminating with a July 4th pool party, Power baseball, and the City’s much loved “All American Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular” at Palm Springs Stadium.
Here is a rundown of festivities planned for Fourth of July Weekend:
- Saturday, July 1, Concert in the Park, featuring The Long Run Tribute to the Eagles, 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Palm Springs Downtown Park adjacent to the Forever Marilyn Sculpture.
- Sunday, July 2, Family-Friendly Dive in Movie Night “In the Heights” at Palm Springs Swim Center, 405 S. Pavilion Way, 7:30 p.m. Pool opens at 7 p.m. and movie begins at dusk.
- Tuesday, July 3, Family-Friendly Movie “A League of Their Own” in Ruth Hardy Park, 700 Tamarisk Road, 7:30 p.m. Food vendors and park games begin at 6 p.m. Movie starts at dusk.
- Tuesday, July 4, Family-Friendly Pool Party at the Palm Springs Swim Center, 405 S. Pavilion Way, featuring water games, inflatable slides, poolside music, and great food, 3 p.m. – until the fireworks are over. Watch the City’s “All American Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular” at Palm Springs Stadium from the pool!
- Tuesday, July 4, Palm Springs Power Baseball “All Stars Summer Collegiate Game,” Palm Springs Stadium, 1901 Baristo Road, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 4, Concert in the Park, featuring Led Zepagain Tribute Band, in Sunrise Park, 480 S. Sunrise Way, 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 4, “All American Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular,” Palm Springs Stadium, 1901 Baristo Road, Fireworks start 9:15 p.m.
A big thanks to this year’s media sponsors, KESQ News Channel 3, the Palm Springs Post, LocaliQ, Alpha Media, KGAY Palm Springs, MEtvMusic, and Gay Desert Guide. For more information, visit www.palmspringsca.gov or call Palm Springs Parks and Recreation at (760) 323-8272.