We’re in lockdown through Christmas – December 27th to be exact. So outdoor dining is out. Retail is curtailed to 20% capacity. Gatherings of people from different households are halted.
We’ll address how we can hold it together on the Dec. 10th edition of the #ILoveGayPalmSprings podcast with Dr. Jill Gover from Desert AIDS Project. I first saw her presentation at the HIV & Aging Conference that I moderated in October. The highlights of finding “things” to talk about are put into bite-sized morsels and I wanted to share them today:
- What’s been the highlight of your week so far?
- What are you enjoying about your life at the moment?
- What are you looking forward to in the future?
- Do you have any goals you’re working towards right now?
- What’s a personal challenge or obstacle you’re currently facing?
- Have you had any interesting insights about yourself recently?
- What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read or learned about recently?
- What would you like to learn more about in the future?
- What’s a new experience we could share together in future?
She has many other tips that she will share on the podcast. I hope you’ll subscribe on Apple, Spotify, Google and other podcast platforms.
Let’s follow guidelines and see if we can get our ICU capacity back to a safe level. Happy holidays and please read on for the news and events of the week.
Brad Fuhr, your Gay Desert Guide
The Center Announces Transition
Zoom That Tune Holidays Edition
Gaylarious Festival of Laughs
On the Rocks with Alexander
18th Annual JFS Patron Party
Positive Life Series
Creating For the Stage with Dezart Performs
What is Addiction/Substance Use Disorder?
The LGBTQ Center of the Desert and Eisenhower Health present “What is Addiction/Substance Use Disorder?” on Wednesday, December 9 at 5:30 p.m. on Zoom. Dr. Eduardo Javier, addiction specialist, will discuss addiction/substance use disorder, and how Eisenhower’s new addiction medicine fellowship program can help you and your loved ones. Registration required. More info
Virtual Events at The Center
Social Caring in the Face of Quarantine with Alexis Ortega – Mondays at 11:00 a.m.
Zumba for Beginners with Shaun Samaro – Mondays at 10:00 a.m.
Managing Emotions During a Pandemic with Jill Hingston, Ph.D – Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m.
Conversational Spanish with Guillermo Biro – Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m.
Trans Tuesdays with Jill Hingston, Ph.D – Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
LGBTQ+ Youth Virtual Hangout with Miguel Navarro – Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m.
Seated Wellness with Lynn Simonson – Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.
Women’s Chat with Kim Kieler – Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
Men’s Chat with Stuart Huggins – Fridays at 10:30 a.m.
Who Cares: Caregiver Support Group with Perry Wiggins – Fridays at 3:00 p.m.
Making Connections During COVID: Men’s Discussion Group with Arlen Keith Leight, LCSW, Ph.D
1st and 3rd Saturdays at 11:30 a.m.
Full list of The Center’s Zoom programs [here]
Well in the Desert Toy Drive Sponsored by Purple Room
Help a Homebound Senior This Holiday Season
The Living Desert Closes Under Stay Home Order
I Love Gay Palm Springs Podcast – Episode 74
KGAY 106.5 Naughty & Nice Extravaganza
- Friday, December 11 – Keisha D and Friends
- Keisha D , David Bader, Bill Lohnes, Eve and Barry Marine
- Saturday, December 12 – Divas on the Dance Floor
- Anita Treadmill, Marina Mac, Stephanie Brown, Anita Cocktail, Dana Charles, Chilane, Ashley Sparks, Kevin Miller, My Mona, Erica Carrington, Jayla D Foxx, Ana Rexia, Rosemary Galore, Tommi Rose, Electra, Summer Clearence, Miss Behven and DJ Galaxy.
- Sunday, December 13 – Kristine W and Friends
- Kristine W, The Palm Springs Gay Man’s Chorus, Kippy Marks, Francesca Amari and Tommy Dodson
- Friday, December 18 – A Very Ethyl Christmas
DUI Checkpoint on Friday