We go into Christmas week with hope and the promise of a brighter new year. On Sunday, our staffed gathered via Zoom to celebrate with an ugly shirt/sweater contest. It’s a little hard to make out here, but we’re also posting on Facebook and Insta as we don our “gay” apparel.
There are a few holiday virtual events we’re sharing below. And we have a bevy of 2021 Fun & Games Dept. events for you to join in.
Wishing you and yours a happy holiday from the entire GayDesertGuide team!
Stay Safe and Stay Home (except to shop and order carryout).
Brad Fuhr, your Gay Desert Guide
#ShopLocal and … #WeArePalmSprings
Big Gay Trivia Holiday Cartoons & Movies
Sounds of the Season: At Home Edition
Community Drive-In Christmas Eve Service
Fun & Games Dept Events in January
- Gay Virtual Speed Dating for Men of All Ages, hosted by Alexander Rodriguez – Fri Jan 8 at 7:00 p.m.
- A Walk in the Park with Comedian Shann Carr…Demuth Park That Is! – Sat Jan 9 at 10:00 a.m.
- Bowties and Bears Virtual Speed Dating, hosted by Alexander Rodriguez – Sun Jan 24 at 1:00 p.m.
- Inauguration Kick Off GAY Game Night Party, with Comedian Shann Carr – Fri Jan 15 at 6:00 p.m.
- Gossipy Potluck and Recipe Swap with Comedian Shann Carr – Sun Jan 31 at 1:00 p.m.
- Star Trek Virtual Speed Dating for Men, hosted by Alexander Rodriguez – Wed Feb 3 at 6:00 p.m.
We would love to feature local photographers on our #ILoveGayPalmSprings Instagram feed, please [check it out] and direct message us there if you are interested in having your work featured in our gallery! We are especially looking for #MCM (#ManCrushMonday) and #WCW (#WomanCrushWednesday) candidates from the Coachella Valley. We’re especially interested if you’ve done something of note – whether it be volunteering, publishing a book or blog or whatever your connection is to the Coachella Valley.
12 Days of Takeout
The Living Desert Reopens
Virtual Events at The Center
Social Caring in the Face of Quarantine with Alexis Ortega – Mondays at 11:00 a.m.
Zumba for Beginners with Shaun Samaro – Mondays at 10:00 a.m.
Managing Emotions During a Pandemic with Jill Hingston, Ph.D – Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m.
Conversational Spanish with Guillermo Biro – Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m.
Trans Tuesdays with Jill Hingston, Ph.D – Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
LGBTQ+ Youth Virtual Hangout with Miguel Navarro – Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m.
Seated Wellness with Lynn Simonson – Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.
Women’s Chat with Kim Kieler – Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
Men’s Chat with Stuart Huggins – Fridays at 10:30 a.m.
Who Cares: Caregiver Support Group with Perry Wiggins – Fridays at 3:00 p.m.
Making Connections During COVID: Men’s Discussion Group with Arlen Keith Leight, LCSW, Ph.D
1st and 3rd Saturdays at 11:30 a.m.
Full list of The Center’s Zoom programs [here]
I Love Gay Palm Springs Podcast – Episode 76