We were just made aware of a new campaign for takeout and delivery: The #12DaysofTakeOut
Launched by a group of California small business owners and small business stakeholders, this campaign will help bring holiday cheer to our local eateries, bistros, bars and to-go mainstays by supporting them through this difficult time. From now till Dec. 23, order takeout and take a photo to share on social media with the hashtags: #12DaysofTakeOut #ILoveGayPalmSprings #ILoveGayCatCity Our restaurants need every order they can get!
And hang tough! The vaccine is on the way. So is a new president: We’ve added a countdown clock on our NEWS page so you’ll know exactly how long till until Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are sworn in.
As our shortest day of the year approaches, it’s a challenge to stay up past the Rachel Maddow show! We are blessed with great weather for the next few weeks, so what precious sunshine there is will recharge our Vitamin D reservoir. We’ll get through this…
Brad Fuhr, your Gay Desert Guide
Is Drag a Drag?
Leading the Way: A Women’s Roundtable
Stonewall Democrats December Meeting
Un-Happy Days: How to Feel Good Even on a Bad Day
Great Outdoors: Camping Adventures
Let’s Talk About Race: White Supremacy Culture
Much Ado About Nothing
12 Days of Takeout
Virtual Events at The Center
Social Caring in the Face of Quarantine with Alexis Ortega – Mondays at 11:00 a.m.
Zumba for Beginners with Shaun Samaro – Mondays at 10:00 a.m.
Managing Emotions During a Pandemic with Jill Hingston, Ph.D – Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m.
Conversational Spanish with Guillermo Biro – Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m.
Trans Tuesdays with Jill Hingston, Ph.D – Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
LGBTQ+ Youth Virtual Hangout with Miguel Navarro – Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m.
Seated Wellness with Lynn Simonson – Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.
Women’s Chat with Kim Kieler – Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
Men’s Chat with Stuart Huggins – Fridays at 10:30 a.m.
Who Cares: Caregiver Support Group with Perry Wiggins – Fridays at 3:00 p.m.
Making Connections During COVID: Men’s Discussion Group with Arlen Keith Leight, LCSW, Ph.D
1st and 3rd Saturdays at 11:30 a.m.
Full list of The Center’s Zoom programs [here]
I Love Gay Palm Springs Podcast – Episode 75
Palm Springs Gay Men’s Chorus Holiday Gift Drive
However, The Chorus is still running a Holiday Gift and Toy Drive at their booth at the Certified Farmers’ Market in Palm Springs on Saturday December 19 from 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. The effort is part of the “Chorus Cares” initiative to help communities with the greatest needs. New unwrapped gifts or toys in original packaging, and gift cards up to $25 will go to the children at Martha’s Village and Kitchen in Indio. More info
The Community Food Bank @ The Center
KGAY 106.5 presents the fourth installment in their Naughty & Nice Extravaganza concert series, A Very Ethyl Christmas, streaming live on Friday December 18 at 5:00 p.m. More info
- Queer British Art at the Tate – Sun Dec 20 at 11:00 a.m.
- Gay Gingerbread House Making – Sat Dec 19 at 12:00 p.m.
- Big Gay Trivia Holiday Cartoons & Movies – Mon Dec 21 at 4:00 p.m.
Fun & Games Dept Events in January
- Gay Virtual Speed Dating for Men of All Ages, hosted by Alexander Rodriguez – Fri Jan 8 at 7:00 p.m.
- A Walk in the Park with Comedian Shann Carr…Demuth Park That Is! – Sat Jan 9 at 10:00 a.m.
- Bowties and Bears Virtual Speed Dating, hosted by Alexander Rodriguez – Sun Jan 24 at 1:00 p.m.
- Inauguration Kick Off GAY Game Night Party, with Comedian Shann Carr – Fri Jan 15 at 6:00 p.m.
- Gossipy Potluck and Recipe Swap with Comedian Shann Carr – Sun Jan 31 at 1:00 p.m.
- Star Trek Virtual Speed Dating for Men, hosted by Alexander Rodriguez – Wed Feb 3 at 6:00 p.m.