His official bio reads, “As a boy raised in Covina, California he has always had a love for music, dance, art, and theater. Struggling to find himself in the macho masculine prone world, he enlisted in the United States Marine Corps at the age of 19 in 1999 and successfully finished a full tour of active duty.
Timothy McIntosh (aka Marina Mac) as photographed while on duty in Naha Okinawa.
Upon completing his service for the Marines.he reenlisted in the Air National Guard for an additional tour, during which he traveled to many states and countries.
Ultimately, his heart lead him to California. He Vacationed in Palm Springs and realized that that was where he wanted to be permanently.
As a six year transplant in Palm Springs, Marina has no regrets and his love for the desert grows stronger each day. Currently, as a professional makeup artist (with celebrity clientele under his belt), his 'Fierce Drag Personality' Marina Mac is taking Palm Springs by storm and leaving many heel prints in 'her' wake.
With his combination of makeup skills and unexpected performance routines, Marina has taken drag to another level, and he is always trying to outdo himself.
Marina has worked many events with great organizations such as Desert AIDS Project, AIDS assistant program, Rainbow Youth Summit, and the American Cancer Society to help raise money and awareness.”
Marina was also voted a top three finalist in the Coachella Valley as Best Drag Personality 2016.
Marina says, “PS I love you because…”
- Your spiritual connection to me is unlike any other place I have lived. I feel a sense of calmness and serenity. This city is home.
- I have met the most amazing people. These people are my lifelong friends and family, and I couldn't be any happier.
- This town is a community of acceptance, especially for the LGBT community. No matter what walk of life you come from, we are met here with open arms.
- It's sunny every day, who doesn't love that? When it's doom and gloom everywhere else, the sun is always shining on this other side of the mountain.
- Art in the subjective form is everywhere. So much talent in this beautiful town. From painters and photographers to singers and (of course) Drag Queens, there is so much inspiration at every turn. I am truly blessed.
You can catch Marina every year during Palm Springs Pride at Bella da Ball's Big Top Cabaret, every week at Copa Nightclub for LIPSTICK, and monthly with PS Underground.
What a blessing to know Timothy McIntosh and his fabulous partner James Alexander Cesena, as seen here in a photo by Carol Kamenis at Timothy's July 2016 birthday party.
You do are defintely a power couple. Thank you for all you do!
Submit yourself for possible inclusion in Gay Desert Guide's PS I love you because column!
Our community is filled with very fabulous people from all walks of life (LGBTQ AND our allies) and I'm delighted to spotlight them on a regular basis in my PS I love you because column. Anyone may submit themselves for consideration. Here's what I need:
- Your official bio or a few biographical paragraphs about yourself….could be in third person or first…
- Three to five images of you, and you doing things in and around the area. Then:
- Please complete this statement five times as extensively as you would like (the answers should be at least one full sentence. but two to three-sentence answers are better)
“PS I love you because…” (fill in the blank)… Here are two examples of columns to give you food for thought:
Email your submissions to me at PromoHomoTV@gmail.com.