On Saturday, November 14th, Brothers of the Desert will conduct its 2nd Annual Wellness Summit, focusing on Black gay men called “Still We Rise, Our Stories Matter". We are
- On Saturday, November 14th, Brothers of the Desert will conduct its 2nd Annual Wellness Summit, focusing on Black gay men called “Still We Rise, Our Stories Matter".
- We are planning to feature brief dynamic presentations, video excerpts, interactive small group breakout discussions, entertainment and opportunities to connect with our group members and allies.
- Featured speakers include renowned spiritual leader, author and award winning gospel music artist, Bishop Yvette Flunder, social justice advocate and CEO of Tru Evolution, Gabriel Maldonado, motivational speaker and CEO of Life Maximizer Donnie Hill, Former Palm SpringsMayor, Ron Oden and will be hosted by Coachella Valley TV personality Bryan Gallo
Our 2020 Wellness Summit, Still We Rise, will be centered around the theme of resilience. We will look at how we, as Black gay men, along with the support of allies, partners, friends, and family, find and access strength, hope, support and creativity around three topic areas:
- Coming out and becoming our authentic selves;
- Embracing intimacy and relationships in all forms;
- Accessing and building support through troubling times.
- Space is limited, and registration is required. A donation of $20 is suggested, and no one will be turned away for a lack of funds. Everyone is welcome to participate.
- Brothers of the Desert is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a mission to nurture and support Black gay men and allies in the Coachella Valley through social support, education, advocacy, mentorship, philanthropy and volunteerism.
- Registration is required. Click Here.
(Saturday) 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Palm Springs 92263