Hope is Theme of Desert AIDS Walk 2020 The reason for "The Walk" has never really been about balloon arches or walker t-shirts. It has always been about the collective power of community and
- Hope is Theme of Desert AIDS Walk 2020
- The reason for "The Walk" has never really been about balloon arches or walker t-shirts. It has always been about the collective power of community and our shared vision of a future where everyone has the patient-centered, comprehensive care they need to live their best lives. Thirty-four years of walking has ensured those living with HIV and AIDS continue to thrive.
- We are applying the critical lessons from our past to current challenges, creating a roadmap to quickly open a COVID-19 Triage clinic that has provided testing and respiratory treatment to more than 3,000 residents since the pandemic began.
- Multiple Ways to Walk Your Walk
- We invite you to walk the familiar route that traditionally kicks off at Ruth Hardy Park where you might see a few surprises, but there are so many wonderful parks and trails across the Coachella Valley, why not visit one or more. Walking is good for the heart and soul. Suggested parks and trails in other neighborhoods include:
- Panorama Park (Cathedral City)
- Guy J. Tedesco Park (Desert Hot Springs)
- Michael S. Wolfson Park "Butler-Abrams Trail" (Rancho Mirage)
- Civic Center Park (Palm Desert)
- Bagdouma Park (Coachella)
- South Jackson Park (Indio)
- PLEASE NOTE: You must register as an individual walker before creating or joining an existing team. Team Captains: We recommend creating and naming your team during this step.
- Register Here
- FAQs to help you walk your walk:
- Q: Where do I walk?A: We curated several paths all across the Coachella Valley for you to choose from. You'll find links on the official Desert AIDS Walk site to the traditional Ruth Hardy Park route plus more parks and trails from Palm Springs to Coachella.
- Q: Can I choose my own walk route?A: Yes! Feel free to choose your own path.
- Q: When do I walk?A: Official walk dates are Friday, October 23 and Saturday, October 24.
- Q: Do I have to walk alone?A: No. Everything is more fun and meaningful with friends. Invite a friend(s) to join you on your walk. Teams may want to plan a group walk. Don't forget your official Desert AIDS Walk HOPE mask to show your commitment to DAP and public safety.
- Q: What hashtags should I use when I post my Walk selfies to Facebook and Instagram?A: #DAW2020 is the official hashtag. We'll watch for your awesome IG posts and reshare to our stories. Make sure they are public so we can see your beautiful humanitarian hearts. We invite you to tag @dapcommunity or @desertaids on Facebook and IG.
october 23 (Friday) - 24 (Saturday)
Various Locations throughout the Coachella Valley
Coachella Valley Palm Springs area 92264