Speaker Series: Dr. Leo Moore (Prevent Chronic Disease and Covid 19 Update)
24apr10:00 am11:30 amSpeaker Series: Dr. Leo Moore (Prevent Chronic Disease and Covid 19 Update)10:00 am - 11:30 am
Brothers of the Desert Speaker Series: Preventing Chronic Conditions and COVID-19 update with Dr. Leo Moore. This is a Hybrid Event-Virtual and Live "Watch Party". Prostate health, sexual health,
- Brothers of the Desert Speaker Series: Preventing Chronic Conditions and COVID-19 update with Dr. Leo Moore.
- This is a Hybrid Event-Virtual and Live "Watch Party".
- Prostate health, sexual health, high blood pressure, COVID-19, and other chronic conditions challenge our communities in distinct and inequitable ways.
- Join us for this free presentation by renowned physician, Dr. Leo Moore on preventing chronic conditions and a COVID-19 update on vaccination and transmission concerns. In an interactive format, he will discuss preventive screenings and other recommendations to help you reach and maintain optimal health.
- This is a hybrid event- using a virtual format, and adding an opportunity to view the online presentation live with up to 25 people at The Ace Hotel and Swim Club in Palm Springs in the Clubhouse Second Floor.
- Please indicate from the ticket if you will join virtually or come and view the online presentation in person at the Ace Hotel 701 E Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264.
- For the Black community at large and for LGBTQ+ communities, it is important to hear how we can take care of our health in a pro-active and supportive way. Dr. Leo Moore is a dynamic speaker and well-respected physician. He has been a speaker for the Brothers of the Desert's first Wellness Summit in 2019, called "Living Your Best Black Gay Life" and has a YouTube program called the Practical M.D., "All Facts, No Fluff" .
- For questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- About Dr. Leo Moore
- Dr. Moore is the Medical Director for Clinic Services at the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. In this role, he oversees 14 public health centers throughout the county that specialize in HIV prevention, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Tuberculosis, and Refugee Health. He is a practicing internal medicine physician who provides STD screening and treatment, HIV prevention, and Tuberculosis care. He is a medical graduate of Morehouse School of Medicine, completed Primary Care Internal Medicine residency at Yale University School of Medicine, and is an alumnus of the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program through which he completed his Master of Science in Health Policy and Management at the University of California, Los Angeles. Dr. Moore is a thought leader who is committed to ending the HIV epidemic in the United States, with a focus on Black and Latinx communities. He has presented at multiple conferences and advised various governmental agencies, including but not limited to, the United States Conference on AIDS, the CDC HIV Prevention Conference, the HIV Adherence Conference, National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD), the Centers for disease control and Prevention, National Institutes of Health, and the National Alliance for State and Territorial AIDS Directors (NASTAD).
- Registration Required
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Palm Springs 92263