The City of Palm Springs is pleased to announce its next shredding and e-waste recycling event will be held on Saturday, April 17.
- The City of Palm Springs is pleased to announce its next shredding and e-waste recycling event will be held on Saturday, April 17.
- The event is scheduled from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. at City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way -- and is being held in conjunction with Palm Springs Disposal Services’ bulky item collection event from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. at City Hall. These events are open to Palm Springs residents only.
- Anyone interested in dropping off materials should follow COVID-19 protocols for a contactless process:
- Wear a mask
- Stay in your vehicle
- Put materials to be shredded/recycled in your trunk or rear of your vehicle
- Shredding and e-waste collection will be at different drop-off stations, so please keep these materials separate. Paper to be shredded is limited to about three 9x13x17 boxes – the size of a case of paper from an office supply store. Electronic waste includes common things such as computers, monitors, TVs, phones, fax machines, and small appliances. Please do not bring any household hazardous waste materials such as batteries, tires, air conditioning units that may have refrigerants, and equipment that may have oil and gas.
- E-waste and shredding collection will run throughout the morning or until trucks are full. Please do not arrive before 8 a.m. to avoid creating traffic congestion. The entrance to the e-waste and shredding drop-off areas will be at the front parking lot of City Hill – enter from El Cielo Drive. The Bulky Item drop-off will be at the back of City Hall – enter from Civic Drive. Please look for signs to direct you in case there are last minute changes.
- Celebrate Earth Day early by recycling your used and unwanted items. For more information, visit www.yoursustainablecity.com.
(Saturday) 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Palm Springs City Hall
3200 E Tahquitz Canyon Way 92262