This is a repeating event04/22/2023 8:00 am
Parkinson's Awareness Month
April is Parkinson's Awareness Month! Join the Parkinson's Resource Organization to celebrate our resilient community, educate our neighbors and raise money to support FREE resources for people with
April is Parkinson's Awareness Month! Join the Parkinson's Resource Organization to celebrate our resilient community, educate our neighbors and raise money to support FREE resources for people with Parkinson's and caregivers with 4 great events!
Saturday, April 1, 2023
- Drag Bingo for PRO / 3-5 pm / The Barracks Bar (67625 E Palm Canyon Dr, Cathedral City)
- Join us at The Barracks Bar in Cathedral City, CA on Saturday, April 1st, from 3-5 PM for a raunchy good time playing bingo, hosted by the extraordinary Berna Cross! The event is free to attend, but bring some cash to buy yourself a few bingo cards (and hopefully win some prizes). A portion of the proceeds go to Parkinson's Resource Organization to support our free programs for people with Parkinson's and their caregivers.
- RSVP Here
Thursday, April 6,14, & 21 2023
- The ABC's of Parkinson's Disease / Various Time and Locations
- Join PRO President Jo Rosen for an enlightening presentation on the ABC's of Parkinson's Disease on April 6th, 14th, & 17th. Jo Rosen delivers an informative lecture covering the basics of Parkinson’s, symptom progression, various treatment options, and Q&A. April 6th at Mountain View Villas (78000 Betty Barker Way, Indian Wells, CA 92210) in Indian Wells, CA. On April 14th at Joshua Tree Community Center (6171 Sunburst Street, Joshua Tree, CA) and April 17th at Inland Caregiver Resource Center (virtually).
- RSVP Here
Saturday, April 22, 2023
- PRO on the Move - 'Walk, Ride & Roll' / Multiple Times / Multiple Locations
- We talk a lot about the importance of movement in combating symptoms of Parkinson's. That's why we're excited to announce the Second Annual PRO on the Move 'Walk, Ride, and Roll' event! Teams across the country will compete to fundraise while designing their own method of movement -- last year we had walkers, golfers, and window shoppers...To create your own team, you just need to gather a few friends, register your team, and spread the word! Learn more about how to build your team HERE.
- Join a Team
- Donate to a Team
Wednesday, April 26, 2023
- Chocolate & Champagne Cocktail Mixer / 6–8 pm / Renaissance Esmeralda (44400 Indian Wells Ln, Indian Wells, CA)
- We can't think of a better pairing than Chocolate & Champagne! Join us Wednesday, April 26th from 6-8 PM at the Renaissance Esmeralda in Indian Wells to close out the month with an intimate cocktail mixer featuring chocolate desserts from local artisans, a variety of champagnes, musical entertainment, a silent auction, and more. Sponsorship opportunities available -- more information HERE.
- Buy a Ticket / Become a Sponsor
(Wednesday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Various Locations - See Text
Palm Springs 92264