22junAll Day28Palm Springs International ShortFest 2021(All Day) Palm Springs Cultural Center / Camelot Theatre 2300 E. Baristo Rd. 92262Event Categories:Film Festivals & MoviesPasses go on sale May 17th
We're thrilled to announce that the 27th Palm Springs International ShortFest will be back with in-person screenings at the Camelot Theatres (Palm Springs Cultural Center) from June 22-28! The
We're thrilled to announce that the 27th Palm Springs International ShortFest will be back with in-person screenings at the Camelot Theatres (Palm Springs Cultural Center) from June 22-28! The event will be the first film festival in California to hold all of its screenings in-theatre in 2021.
To ensure the safety of patrons, we are working closely with the Camelot Theatres to use stringent cleaning protocols for screening rooms and public areas. Theatergoers will be required to wear masks to enter venues, and screening capacity will be determined by city, county and state guidelines at the time of the event.
The festival will screen 49 curated programs showcasing 295 films including 32 World Premieres, 13 International Premieres, 46 North American Premieres and 22 U.S. Premieres. More than 5,500 short films from 104 countries were submitted.
- Click here for a list of the films
Great news! With the recent new guidelines released by the state of California, we are able to increase capacities at our screenings. This means that screenings that were previously on stand-by may now be available.
Masks will still be required to enter the theater and in all public areas. Once in seats, attendees may remove their masks to enjoy concessions.
- Screenings will all take place at the Camelot Theatres (Palm Springs Cultural Center) starting June 22 with a full day of programming and will conclude on June 28th with day-long Best of Fest screenings. This year's programs include audience-favorites Gayla!, This American Life, Brave New World and the family-friendly Shorties! New programs include Power to the People, Codes of Conduct, Nights to Remember and more...
- Here is a selection of the LGBT+ shorts that will be screening at the Camelot Theatre (Palm Springs Cultural Center) and competing for the Best LGBT+ Short category:
- Break In
- Bruised Fruit Tastes Sweeter
- Club Quarantine
- ComplicatedF1 - 100Fervor (World Premiere)
- Forgive Us (World Premiere)
- Her Dance (North American Premiere)
- The Lights Are On, No One’s Home
- Our Bed Is Green
- The ShortFest Forum will take place from June 22-28, with virtual classes and panels featuring industry representatives, filmmakers and additional guests. This year’s panels will cover a wide range of topics including building an inclusive set, working with actors, and social change and impact filmmaking. Filmmaker events will feature roundtables with agents, managers and labs, grants and artist development industry professionals. Seven of the panels will be available for the general public, with pre-registration required.
- Passes are on sale now
- Individual Tickets are on sale now.
- Best of Fest screenings will be held on Monday, June 28 with tickets available at approximately 9pm PT on Sunday, January 27.
june 22 (Tuesday) - 28 (Monday)
Palm Springs Cultural Center / Camelot Theatre 2300 E. Baristo Rd. 92262