Update in light of COVID-19 Crisis: We have created a list of modifications to our normal operations that incorporate health and safety recommendations from the California Department of Food
- Update in light of COVID-19 Crisis: We have created a list of modifications to our normal operations that incorporate health and safety recommendations from the California Department of Food and Agriculture and the California Department of Public Health. These include:
- * Spacing booths and tables to allow and increase social distancing between non-related customers while shopping and paying.
- * Encourage participant division of labor between payment and food restocking
- * Ensure each CFM participant has either a hand-washing station or hand sanitizer and uses them between each transaction.
- * Offer additional hand washing stations inside the Market space, supplemental to restrooms.
- * Suspend sampling and hot/prepared on-site food sales.
- * Increase frequency of cleaning for tables and payment devices.
- * Eliminate non-essential services like entertainment, to discourage lingering.
- * Continue to accept government nutrition funds such as EBT/WIC.
- * Arrange for food recovery for local redistribution when possible.
- By reopening the Markets in a modified way we are not only looking out for the health and safety of our customers and participants, but providing a critical source of income for our farmers and artisan food makers.The Palm Springs Certified Farmer's Market is next to the Palm Springs Cultural Center.
- The market will feature a variety of California Farmers and Value Added Vendors who will be selling fresh Summer fruits, vegetables, meats, eggs, cheeses, honey, organic coffee, flowers, rugelah, prepared foods, soups, herb-infused chocolates, soaps, and more! They will also include music by local musicians, food demonstrations, and a variety of special events each week. Verified customers will be able to use SNAP/EBT cards, and be able to take advantage of a Federal Grant Market Match Incentive up to $10 extra dollars per week (per verified customer who spends $10 on EBT). WIC Mothers, WIC and Senior Farmers Nutrition Market Program coupons will also be honored at the markets, and a match program of up to $10 for verified customers who spend $10 at CFM will be available.
(Saturday) 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
Palm Springs Cultural Center / Camelot Theatre 2300 E. Baristo Rd. 92262