The 2021 American Documentary and Animation Film Festival will kick off its 10th annual event with a new, documentary that honors the late and great popular music star, Trini
- The 2021 American Documentary and Animation Film Festival will kick off its 10th annual event with a new, documentary that honors the late and great popular music star, Trini Lopez. The screening is set for the Mary Pickford Drive-In as a hybrid addition to the Covid forced virtual version, noted AmDocs Director and Founder, Teddy Grouya.
- Grouya has selected MY NAME IS LOPEZ, an independent film from Desert filmmakers, directors P. David Ebersole and Todd Hughes, produced by Joan and Gary Gand, the founders of Coachella Valley's #1 Fan Favorite musical group, The Gand Band, to make its World Premiere on the Opening Night of AmDocs2021 on March 25 in Palm Springs and Cathedral City. The film will screen three times over AmDocs' 10-day run: Thursday, March 25 at 6:30 pm at the Mary Pickford Theatres (filmmakers in attendance with special guests THE GAND BAND to perform) and at the Camelot Theatres at the Palm Springs Cultural Center; Friday & Saturday, March 26-27 lot opens at 6:00 pm. (filmmakers in attendance)
- Please NOTE, $15 tickets for the 26th and 27th at the Camelot: this ticket is a single ticket for an INDIVIDUAL, not a CAR, and is for outdoor seating of which the ticket-holder brings their OWN chair with them, typically a portable lounger. $40 tickets are per CAR and allow for as many people you are comfortable having within the vehicle. Be prepared to follow Covid 19 restrictions and protocols required by the theaters.
- The March 25th screening is complimented with the Desert's favorite rock band, The Gand Band. This dynamic husband and wife team bring their Chicago sound to the desert.
- Our March 25th event begins by 7:00 pm with the Gand Band performing live before the screening, please be sure to arrive at the venue with your car no later than 6:30 pm, with film immediately following the music performance.
- Tickets for this event may be purchased separately. Admission to the drive in screenings is $40 per car.
- The Drive In Theater is located behind The Mary Pickford D'Place at 68651 Grove St Cathedral City, CA 92234. Cars will enter on A Street just off Buddy Rogers and Hwy 111.
(Thursday) 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
D' Place - Mary Pickford 14
36850 Pickfair Street Cathedral City - 92234