As part of our Positive Life Series HARP-PS is convening a public town hall meeting with county & state public health officials and our local providers to inform
As part of our Positive Life Series HARP-PS is convening a public town hall meeting with county & state public health officials and our local providers to inform the community about monkeypox in the Coachella Valley. This will be a bi-weekly meeting.
This meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 23, 2022 at 6 pm on Zoom.
Since the outbreak, 42 confirmed cases of Monkeypox have been identified in Riverside County, all of which are centered in the Coachella Valley. This number is growing on a daily basis.
Here is the zoom link to register and join the meeting:
Much like the early days of COVID, this is an emerging situation, and we are doing our best to educate our community in real time to help keep ourselves and our community safe. In the meantime, below are some vetted resources you might find helpful:
- Riverside County Public Health Monkeypox webpage
- Harm-reduction messaging on how to lower chances of getting monkeypox during Pride events (CDC)
- Building Healthy Online Communities Resources, including Health Alerts in English and Spanish
- Monkeypox: Get the Facts Flyer (CDC)
- Social Gatherings, Safer Sex, and Monkeypox Fact Sheet (CDC)
(Tuesday) 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Palm Springs 92263