Modernism Week announced that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and state and city regulations, it has decided to not offer in-person events for
- Modernism Week announced that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and state and city regulations, it has decided to not offer in-person events for the upcoming Fall Preview, scheduled for October 15 – 18, 2020.
- Modernism Week has announced the launch of their Fall Preview Online Experience to be released for purchase and viewing on October 15, 2020 at 12 p.m. PST at modernismweek.com.
- The online video programs will comprise seven different events, similar to programs that would typically be available during Modernism Week as in-person events. Ticket prices will range from $5 to $35 per event, with two free events. Pricing allows for a household with one viewing device to participate.
- The pre-recorded video programs (detailed below) and one livestream social event will include a guided home tour series of five significant Palm Springs residences; an entertaining driving tour of Palm Springs with Charles Phoenix; "The Best of Mod with a Twist," humorous and informative presentations about midcentury pop culture; conference sessions from "Fast Forward: Designing the Future of Palm Springs"; two new documentary-style films about the preservation of architectural landmarks in Palm Springs: “Preserving Modernism: The Town & Country Center”, and “The Restoration and Stabilization of the Cornelia White Residence” in Palm Springs, and a Zoom-based happy hour.
- Tickets to all online events will be sold and viewed from the modernismweek.com website beginning October 15 at 12 p.m. PST., and concluding October 31. Once purchased, programs will be accessible for online viewing for 30 days.
- Click here to learn how to attend the Fall Preview
- Down load the Fall Preview schedule
october 15 (Thursday) - 31 (Saturday)
Palm Springs 92263