LGBTQ Love Stories in the World’s Least Romantic City, Berlin
Gay Desert Guide's Fun & Games Dept and TheMenEvent.com present LGBTQ Love Stories in the World’s Least Romantic City, Berlin Come learn about the LGBTQ love stories of Berlin—the
- Gay Desert Guide's Fun & Games Dept and TheMenEvent.com present LGBTQ Love Stories in the World’s Least Romantic City, Berlin
- Come learn about the LGBTQ love stories of Berlin—the world's least romantic city—on this fun and interesting tour with writer Brendan Nash!
- Berlin is not a romantic city.
- It inspires passion, desire, lust and excess. But love? Not so much.
- But it has had its moments, so come and join writer and tour guide Brendan Nash for some unlikely love stories from Berlin.
- Was it love that British writers Christopher Isherwood and WH Auden were looking for when they decamped to the city in the wild years of the 1920s?
- If Isherwood’s diaries are to be believed, Berlin didn’t mean love, ‘Berlin meant boys’.
- Over at the ground-breaking Institute for Sexual Science, Dr Magnus Hirschfeld and his lover Karl Giese weren’t consulting the poetry books for inspiration.They were in search of facts and cold hard science.
- Scandalous dancer Anita Berber married three times in her short 27 year life. But was in for love? All 3 of her husbands were gay men, and two of them robbed her and fled to the US.
- Even Berlin superstar Marlene Dietrich's signature song ‘Falling in Love Again’ wasn’t actually called that when Friedrich Hollander first wrote it in 1929.
- And what about Brian, Sally, and Max? Was any side of that exactly love?!
- Come to Berlin for Valentine's Day, then we’ll do shots and go out clubbing!
(Sunday) 11:00 am - 12:15 pm
Palm Springs 92263