The LGBT Community Center of The Desert presents Knits Purls The class is designed to teach beginners the basics of knitting, but is also useful to those knitters in
- The LGBT Community Center of The Desert presents Knits Purls
- The class is designed to teach beginners the basics of knitting, but is also useful to those knitters in need of a refresher course. It will start with the basics of casting on, the knit stitch, the purl stitch, and binding off. The class will progress with one simple pattern combining all of these new skills into one sample swatch and then will culminate with a more complex scarf pattern. During these two projects the students will also be taught how to read their knitting, how to fix mistakes and how to unknit if they find a mistake in their project.
- While working on individual projects, the students will also get an ever-expanding education about reading patterns, new stitches, tips and tricks, yarn weights and fiber content, creating garments that fit, and the multitude of online knitting resources for problem solving.
- Initial supplies for this class will be provided by The Perfect Purl.
- When: Wednesdays, 10:00 AM to Noon - 8 weeks
- Cost: Members: $10/Class | Non-Members: $12/Class
- Registration is required.
(Wednesday) 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
The LGBTQ Community Center of the Desert
1301 N Palm Canyon 92262