PALS (Planning Ahead for LGBTQ Seniors) presents Journey Together with Dementia - Exploring Care and Support Services on Zoom Many of us have been affected by someone with dementia since
- PALS (Planning Ahead for LGBTQ Seniors) presents Journey Together with Dementia - Exploring Care and Support Services on Zoom
- Many of us have been affected by someone with dementia since few diseases create such debilitating hardship for families and friends today. Among seniors over 80 years old, 1 in 3 suffers from dementia. As the population’s aging, far too many us will either develop dementia or spend our retirement years caring for someone with this life-altering disease.
- Anyone thrown into this quickly discovers that being the primary caregiver is a 24/7 job, with few perks. With each day becoming ever more challenging, how do you care for someone with dementia and still take care of yourself? Who can you turn to for help when you're at your wits end and completely exhausted? And how do you cope when facing your own fears about developing it yourself?
- Please join us at PALS June Memory Care Seminar featuring Dominic Calvano - President of Alzheimers Coachella Valley (ACV); Pat Riley - MBA, Care Manager and Community Liaison with Home Care Assistance of Palm Desert and ACV Board Member; and Rob Weiser - PALS member and Steering Committee emeritus. The presenters will address the difference between memory loss and dementia, how cognitive therapy can help make managing everyday activities easier, the range of dementia care and support services available here in the Valley, why self-care and self-compassion are key to preventing caregiver burnout, and conclude with a personal update by Rob Weiser on his own journey with vascular dementia.
- To Register, please RSVP at the following link: https://bit.ly/2REhXsI
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Palm Springs 92263