Tune in as real estate and mortgage professionals walk you through the home buying and lending process. They will explain the various steps and provide important tips to get
- Tune in as real estate and mortgage professionals walk you through the home buying and lending process. They will explain the various steps and provide important tips to get you on your way to owning your first home. All attendees to the free session will also receive a fully illustrated 42-page LGBTQ+ Homebuyer Guide!
- This is the first public-facing program offered by the LGBTQ+ Real Estate Alliance (The Alliance), a 501(c)6 non-profit with more than 1,200 members that launched in October. It will feature a variety of important topics for potential homeowners including discussions about down payments, mortgage types, pre-approval and the lending process.
- The program will also provide insight into selecting an agent, home and neighborhood, while offering perspectives on the offer, negotiations and the different steps to closing. The Alliance will also provide resources to help combat potential housing discrimination against sexual orientation and gender identity
- “Today’s market conditions have heightened the challenges first-time homebuyers face, and we believe it is important to provide members of our community with the tools and resources they need to navigate the buying process,” said Ryan Weyandt, CEO of the LGBTQ+ Real Estate Alliance.
- “Along with discrimination, and the fear of it, we have found a lack of education focused on the LGBTQ+ community that would allow more to better prepare for the process,” added Weyandt. “Homeownership provides long-term emotional and financial security and our community, like other diverse groups, has not had the same opportunities. We are working to change this.”
- Weyandt will be joined on the seminar by Josh Pringle from Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Leaskou Partners in Palm Springs, California, Alliance San Antonio (Texas) chapter President and Coldwell Banker D’Ann Harper REALTORS® agent Kassandra Alicea, and Ron Waterson, a loan officer with PrimeLending in Dallas. .
(Wednesday) 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Palm Springs 92263