Desert Stonewall Democrat's November Meeting
17nov6:00 pm7:00 pmDesert Stonewall Democrat's November Meeting6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Desert Stonewall Democrat's November Meeting will feature the topic: The "B" in LGBTQ+: What's Behind Biphobia? GLAAD defines a bisexual as “A person who has the capacity to form enduring
- Desert Stonewall Democrat's November Meeting will feature the topic: The "B" in LGBTQ+: What's Behind Biphobia?
- GLAAD defines a bisexual as “A person who has the capacity to form enduring physical, romantic, and/or emotional attractions to those of the same gender or to those of another gender. People may experience this attraction in differing ways and degrees over their lifetime.” GLAAD recently persuaded Merriam-Webster to update their dictionary definition to improve it. Biphobia, which is defined as the fear, intolerance, and hatred of people who identify as bisexual, can be particularly harmful for bi youth who live at the intersection of multiple identities, compromising their mental health and safety.
- JUST CONFIRMED: Our guest speakers will be Katie Hill, the former U.S. Representative for California's 25th congressional district (January to November 2019) and Denise Penn, past-president of Bi-Net, currently a director with the American Institute of Bisexuality, and member of CADEM's LGBT caucus.
- Also at this meeting we will take a look at how our endorsed candidates did on November 3rd, and where congratulations are in order.
- Like so many other nonprofits, Desert Stonewall Democrats is facing a financial shortfall due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Unfortunately, the impossibility of in-person meetings and fundraising events this year limits the financial support we can provide to our endorsed candidates.
- A small donation for this meeting from those who can do so, will help to keep DSD financially stable and in a better position to support our candidates. Even better if you are not already a member, please join us with a membership contribution.
- You must register for this meeting with your name and email address in order to receive the Zoom link information. A donation is suggested but not required to register. Register in advance for this meeting.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information from ZOOM about joining the meeting. Please save the email or copy the login information to your calendar.
- If you have any questions or comments about the meeting you can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 260-8104 (Voicemail).
(Tuesday) 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Palm Springs 92263