Desert Stonewall Democrats May Meeting
18may5:45 pm7:00 pmDesert Stonewall Democrats May Meeting5:45 pm - 7:00 pm
Please join the Desert Stonewall Democrats for their meeting via ZOOM on Tuesday May 18th at 5:45 PM. In recognition of Asian American and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) Heritage Month we will
- Please join the Desert Stonewall Democrats for their meeting via ZOOM on Tuesday May 18th at 5:45 PM.
- In recognition of Asian American and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) Heritage Month we will have a conversation with local activists, leaders and organizers, regarding their work and contributions to the AAPI Communities.
- Our first announced panelist is Michelle Castillo, an artist, writer, educator, chef, and community organizer living on Cahuilla land AKA Palm Springs, CA. Castillo founded the feminist creative collective Wyld Womxn, the socially engaged food, art, and memory project Lola's Kusina, and is one of the co-founders of Bayanihan Desert, a civically engaged group connecting Filipinos, communities of color and our allies. Michelle utilizes the arts as a tool to cultivate, bridge, and build more inclusive communities
- Register in advance for this meeting.
- We are in the process of lining up additional speakers so watch for updates.
- It seems that most everyone is tired of Zoom meetings, so we will try something different for May that will hopefully get us started back into our usual in-person meeting format. This meeting will start earlier - at 5:45 PM - and we will take 30 minutes to catch-up with other members that we haven't spoken with in more than a year and welcome some new members! Join us for a virtual Happy Half-Hour. The program will start at 6:15 PM
- A contribution is entirely voluntary but you must register for this meeting with your name and email address in order to receive the Zoom link information. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information from ZOOM about joining the meeting. Please save the email or copy the login information to your calendar.
- A small donation for the meeting from those who choose to, will help to keep DSD financially stable and in a better position to support our candidates. Even better if you are not already a member, please join us with a membership contribution instead.
- If you have any questions or comments about the meeting you can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 260-8104 (Voicemail).
- Please note that we record our ZOOM meetings to archive and to share. If you do not wish to be identified in the recording, please connect without video and use only your first name and initial when you log in.
(Tuesday) 5:45 pm - 7:00 pm
Palm Springs 92263