Please join us for our general meeting via ZOOM on Tuesday December 15th at 6:00 PM when our panel will discuss: Desert Support for LGBTQIA+ Asylum Seekers. With this meeting we also recognize December
- Please join us for our general meeting via ZOOM on Tuesday December 15th at 6:00 PM when our panel will discuss: Desert Support for LGBTQIA+ Asylum Seekers. With this meeting we also recognize December 18th being established by the UN as International Migrants Day.
- Our guest panelists include Anna Lijphart, Director, Oasis Legal Services for LGBTQIA+ asylum seekers, and Craig Scott and Ubaldo Boido. Craig and Ubaldo will be speaking about The House - a safe home located in the Coachella Valley, California for LGBTQIA people fleeing persecution from family, neighbors, religious communities and anti-LGBTQIA laws and organizations around the world. The House is a space for individuals to begin their new lives in the United States by providing support during the process.
- The House provides housing and meals for its residents. They also offer support from a team of volunteers for mental and physical health screenings and check ups, transportation needs, clothing and toiletries, and much more.
- You must register for this meeting with your name and email address in order to receive the Zoom link information. Register in advance for this meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information from ZOOM about joining the meeting. Please save the email or copy the login information to your calendar.
- As we will not hold our Annual Holiday Party this year, we are not requesting a donation for this meeting (though we will gladly accept one if you choose to make it!) Instead, we encourage our generous members to make a Holiday Season contribution to any or all of the following worthy causes:
- FIND Food Bank
- Well in the Desert
- AIDS Assistance Program - Food Samaritans
- If you would prefer to donate toys for the Well in the Desert Save Santa 2020 Operation, or food items for any of these charities but need assistance, please let us know and we will arrange for pickup and delivery.
- A small donation for the meeting from those who choose to, will help to keep DSD financially stable and in a better position to support our candidates. Even better if you are not already a member, please join us with a membership contribution.
- If you have any questions or comments about the meeting you can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 260-8104 (Voicemail).
(Tuesday) 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Palm Springs 92263