The California Desert Chorale will be back to live performances for 2021-22, its 29th annual season. The Chorale will be holding auditions for serious, dedicated singers who feel motivated to
- The California Desert Chorale will be back to live performances for 2021-22, its 29th annual season. The Chorale will be holding auditions for serious, dedicated singers who feel motivated to be a member of this well established and growing ensemble. Auditions will be held Monday, August 30 at 7:00p.m at St. John's Lutheran Church, 42-695 Washington St. in Palm Desert. Auditions will be administered and conducted by the Chorale's Artistic Director Tim Bruneau.
- Appointments: email@example.com.
- California Desert Chorale is comprised of both professional and amateur singers who bring a wide diversity of choral and solo knowledge and experience to the ensemble. The level of commitment expected is significant and should be carefully considered before auditioning.
- All auditioning singers should be prepared to honor the membership requirements, which include: Monday night rehearsals from September 2021 - April 2022 with occasional Saturday morning rehearsals.
- Detailed audition and preparation requirements are available on the Chorale's website: www.californiadesertchorale.org/chorale-auditions/ .
- ALL AUDITIONING SINGERS MUST SHOW PROOF OF COMPLETED COVID-19 VACCINATION
1. Each auditioning singer must perform a memorized solo work from the classical, folk song, musical theater, American standard or sacred music repertoire. Typical audition material includes operatic arias, art songs, ballads by George Gershwin, Jerome Kern, Irving Berlin, Cole Porter, etc. The musical selection one chooses to use for the audition should readily reflect good breath support, consistent tone quality, accurate tuning and interpretive skill. AUDITIONERS MUST PROVIDE PRINTED SHEET MUSIC FOR THEIR AUDITION SONG.2. Each auditioning singer will be vocalized in order to test tonal quality, pitch accuracy and functional range.3. Each auditioning singer will be tested for aural retention of melodic lines, as well as short, spoken phrases of text in English, Latin, Italian, French and German languages.4. Each auditioning singer will be required to sight-sing (sight read) several short melodic exercises, as well as their respective choral part (Soprano, Alto, Tenor or Bass) for selected portions of Handel’s “Hallelujah Chorus.” or a similar Baroque chorus. A printed score for this piece will be available at the audition (and not before). Auditioners may prepare for this, as they choose, by listening to this piece in the “Listen” section of the Chorale’s website.5. Each auditioning singer will be asked to discuss his or her prior experience as both a choral and solo singer.6. Some auditioning singers may be required to work privately on specific technical and interpretive skills as a qualification of their membership, at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
- If you are unable to make the scheduled audition time, contact Tim Bruneau via email to arrange a private audition at Tim's discretion. Appointments: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Monday) 7:00 pm
St. John's Lutheran Church